100 % QUEBEC RECIPE
Dutch Baby Pancake
At your next brunch, in addition to French toast and waffles, why not try out a Dutch Baby Pancake? Easy to prepare and nice looking on a breakfast table, your guests will love this new option.
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Icing sugar, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine eggs, flour, milk, sugar and vanilla extract. Mix well using a hand mixer or food processor to obtain a smooth consistency. Reserve the mixture.
- Place butter in a heavy 10-inch skillet or baking dis. Place in the over until butter has melted and take out immediately (careful not to burn it).
- Add the batter to the pan, over the melted butter, and return the pan in the oven for 20 minutes (or until pancake is puffed and golden).
- Lower oven temperature to 300 degrees and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove pancake from oven, cut into wedges and serve at once topped with syrup, fresh fruits or confectioners' sugar.