100% QUEBEC RECIPE
Goldenrod Honey Crème Brûlée
For Valentine's Day, what's better than a romantic dinner or a get-together with friends at home? For dessert, warm up the heart of your valentine(s) with a delicious Goldenrod honey crème brûlée.
With its floral, vanilla and slightly spicy flavour, the rich taste of goldenrod honey blends deliciously with this classic recipe. You will fall in love with this pure delight!
Preparation: 20 minutes
Yields: 8 servings
- 3 cups of 35% cream
- 1 cup of 3.25% milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 8 egg yolks
- ¾ cup of Naturoney Goldenrod Honey
- 1/3 cup of white sugar
- 3 tbsp of brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Place eight 125 ml ramekins in a baking dish.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat cream, milk and vanilla for 5 minutes without boiling.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk the egg yolks and goldenrod honey until the mixture thickens (about 2 minutes).
- While continuing to whisk, gradually add cream and warm milk from your pan to the bowl.
- Sieve the mixture, pouring into your eight ramekins.
- Make a double boiler by pouring hot water into the cooking dish to ¾ of the ramekins’ height.
- Bake for about 1 hour 30 minutes until cream is almost set.
- Remove from oven and let stand for a few minutes.
- Cool in the refrigerator for a minimum of 3 hours and a maximum of 2 days.
- Just before serving, prepare the topping by mixing white and brown sugar and cover the crèmes with it.
- Caramelize with a torch or under the grill of the oven until the topping becomes golden in colour.