One Pot Fish Casserole with Peppers and Tomatoes
As part of challenge Défi mangez local, @K for Katrine have concocted 4 delicious healthy recipes 100% made in Quebec. Gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free and egg-free: this all-in-one fish dish is suitable for all diets! For vegetarian options, fish can easily be replaced by tofu or tempeh.
Psst... If you cannot find fresh fish from Quebec, just go to the frozen products section looking for the Fruits de mer du Québec brand (Quebec Seafood).
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- 3 c. (45 ml) of Maison Orphée olive oil
- 1 minced onion
- 1 large organic VÔG red pepper (or 2 small) cut in thin strips
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp. (10 mL) Nutrivilla ground coriander
- 1/4 c. (1.25 ml) chili pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) tomato sauce from Quebec
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Bio Irrésistible chicken broth
- 2 cups (500 mL) baby potatoes, sliced thinly
- 1 1/4 lb (675 g) fresh or well-defrosted Quebec white fish fillets (cod, halibut or other)
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) chopped fresh coriander (or basil)
- Salt and pepper to taste
1- In a large saucepan, brown onions and peppers over medium heat for about 10 minutes, stir regularly. Add salt and pepper.
2- Add garlic, ground coriander and pepper flakes and cook for another minute.
3- Deglaze with the balsamic vinegar and cook another 1 minute.
4- Add sauce, broth and potatoes. Cover and let cook for 15 to 20 minutes until potatoes are tender.
5- Add fish fillets and fresh coriander. Salt and pepper. Cover and cook another 10 minutes.
We love some One Pot recipes!
Discover 4 recipes from K for Katrine right here.