Aged veal chop with fresh herbs
To prepare a delicious aged veal chop doesn’t have to be complicated. Five ingredients or less and you are done! Here we choose a marinade with fresh herbs. This recipe from Famille Fontaine is the perfect solution for: “The in-laws will be here in less than 30 minutes and I have no idea what to serve for dinner”.
Servings : 2
Preparation : 25 minutes
- 2 Fontaine Family aged veal chops
- Seasonal green vegetables (spinach, asparagus, kale or lettuce)
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) chopped fresh rosemary
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) chopped fresh sage
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) canola oil
Lemon yogurt sauce
- 250 mL (1 cup) plain Greek yogurt
- Zest of half a lemon
- Juice of half a lemon
- In a bowl, combine the herbs, garlic and canola oil. Coat the veal with the mixture and let it temper for about 20 minutes.
- For the lemon yogurt sauce: mix all ingredients and set aside.
- Preheat BBQ to high. Oil the grill. Place veal chops on grill and grill 4-5 minutes per side or until desired doneness.
- Serve with yogurt sauce, grilled vegetables (or a fresh lettuce salad) and roasted foil-wrapped baby potatoes.
Tip of the day
If you don't have a barbecue on hand, you can cook your veal chops directly in a cast iron skillet. Cooking time may vary. Allow 5 to 7 minutes on each side depending on the desired doneness. For more recipes, visit famillefontaine.ca/en/recipes/