Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Quantity: 4 servings
8 slices of bacon
Salt and pepper to taste
4 small skinless chicken breasts
15 mL (1 tbsp.) canola oil
1 romaine lettuce, cut into pieces
6 cocktail tomatoes, quartered
1/2 cucumber, cut into half slices
125 mL (1/2 cup) parmesan cheese shavings
125 mL (1/2 cup) Caesar croutons
For the ranch dressing:
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) mayonnaise
- 45 mL (3 tbsp.) 14% sour cream
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) 2% milk
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) chopped fresh dill
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) fresh lemon juice
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) chopped fresh parsley
- 10 mL (2 tsp.) onion powder
- 5 mL (1 tsp.) garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 205°C (400°F).
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, place the bacon slices, without overlapping them. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, turning slices halfway through, until crisp. Remove from oven and let cool. Pat bacon dry with paper towels and break into pieces.
- Meanwhile, season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the breasts for 15 to 17 minutes, turning them several times during cooking, until the inside of the chicken has lost its pinkish tint. Set breasts aside on a plate and let cool before slicing.
- In a salad bowl, whisk together vinaigrette ingredients.
- Add lettuce, tomatoes, chicken breasts, bacon and cucumber to salad bowl. Stir gently.
- Just before serving, garnish salad with parmesan shavings and croutons.