Prosciutto-wrapped dates with goat cheese
Hooray for the return of spring! With temperatures rising, trees in full blossom and days getting longer, there’s no better time to prep the patio, put on some music and invite your friends over. And for an even more enjoyable cocktail hour, try this delicious, colourful appetizer that’s so easy to prepare thanks to Maison Riviera’s all-new spreadable goat cheese. Your guests will love the sweet and salty combo!
Recipe presented by Maison Riviera
Portions: 10 dates
Preparation time: 10 min
- 5 tsp of spreadable plain goat cheese from Maison Riviera
- 5 slices of prosciutto (cut in half lengthwise)
- 10 dates
- Balsamic reduction*
- 1 sprig of fresh basil leaves
*Balsamic reduction is a concentrated and thickened version of balsamic vinegar. It is obtained by cooking balsamic vinegar over low heat for about ten minutes.
- Cut prosciutto slices in half lengthwise.
- Carefully cut dates lengthwise and remove pit.
- Open dates and stuff with about ½ teaspoon of spreadable plain goat cheese from Maison Riviera.
- Wrap each date with a slice of prosciutto and secure with a toothpick.
- Drizzle with a few drops of balsamic reduction.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves and enjoy!
Keep your recipe handy because you can bet your guests will ask for it! After all, gourmet delights are made to be shared, aren’t they?
We’ll let you in on a little secret: Maison Riviera’s spreadable goat cheese pairs perfectly with crackers, baguettes and croutons, and even makes a great dip!