Spiced Apple tatin tart
This délicious recipe is created by Carrément Tarte.
- 1 Carrément Tarte puff pastry
- 125 g of butter
- 300 g of sugar
- 3 bags of vanilla sugar
- 3 teaspoons of cinnamon powder
- 3 pinches of ginger powder
- 3 pinches of nutmeg powder
- 6 apples from Quebec
- Wash the apples.
- Peel them or not according to your taste (preferably organic apples, especially if you choose to leave the skin on).
- Cut them in half or even in quarters.
- Make the caramel: melt the butter in a pan, then add the sugar and caramelize for 5 minutes, mix with a wooden spoon. Caramelize the bottom of the cake pan (or high-sided pie plate).
- In a deep dish, mix the vanilla sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
- Dip each apple wedge into the spice mixture, then place in the cake pan.
- Cover with Carrément Tarte puff pastry and tuck in. Make a small hole in the center of the pastry.
- Put the preparation in the oven and bake for 40 minutes at 375F. Wait until it cools down a bit to unmold and turn over.
Enjoy warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream...a real treat decadence guaranteed!