Taco Style Ground Beef Casserole
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 19 minutes
- Quantity: 4 servings
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) canola oil
- 600 g (about 1 1/3 lb) medium-lean ground beef
- 1 chopped onion
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) chopped garlic
- 1 (24 g) taco bag seasoning
- 3 halves of diced bell peppers of varied colors
- 180 mL (3/4 cup) beef broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 500 mL (2 cups) shredded Tex-Mex cheese blend
- 500 mL (2 cups) crushed corn chips
- 4 seeded and diced Italian tomatoes
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook ground beef for 5 to 7 minutes, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until it is no longer pink.
- Add onion, garlic and taco seasoning. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add bell peppers and broth. Season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking for 5 minutes, until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Garnish top of the pan with cheese and corn chips.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and let cool. Garnish with tomatoes.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with cilantro and green onions.