reCIPE - véro MAgazine
Duck and raspberry salad
For your Holiday gourmet salads, we're suggesting a quicker solution using Spring Mix by Attitude Fraîche, with lettuce shoots, fruits and a home-style vinaigrette.
Yields 4 servings
Recipe : Vanessa Trahan
Photo : Ariel Tarr
Stylist : Anne Gagné
- Spring mix by Attitude Fraîche, family size
- 2 duck breasts
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) raspberry purée *
- 25 ml (5 teaspoons) red wine vinegar
- 10 mL (2 teaspoons) maple syrup
- 1 stem of fresh rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 apple (optional)
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) of hemp seeds
- In a container or freezer bag, combine raspberry purée, vinegar and maple syrup.
- Put the duck breasts in thE marinade, add the hemp seeds, rosemary and bay leaf and marinate for 24 hours in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C (400 ° F). Remove the duck from the marinade and transfer to a baking sheet with the skin facing up.
- Roast in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until the flesh is pink and the skin is golden.
- Remove the duck from the oven, transfer the breasts to a plate, cover with aluminum foil loosely and let stand about 20 minutes.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spring mix with its garnish and raspberry vinaigrette.
- If desired, slice thin pieces of apple and garnish the salad.
- Cut the duck into thin slices and serve with the salad.
* For a homemade purée, using a food processor, pulse 1 cup thawed frozen raspberries to a smooth puree. Then pass through a fine sieve to eliminate seeds.
* SOURCE : VÉRO Magazine