Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 6 minutes
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp butter, cubed
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 8 slices of Quebec's cheeses
- 1 round lettuce, leaves separated
- Seasoning of your choice
- Beat the eggs with the milk in a bowl, add some salt and pepper to taste.
- Melt a few cubes of butter in a non-stick frying pan set over moderate heat.
- Pour about 1/4 of the egg mixture into the pan, tilting it to coat the surface evenly.
- Once the egg is set and golden underneath, flip and cook the other side for 30 seconds. Slide out of the pan onto a plate.
- Repeat steps 2-4 for the remaining egg mixture. Wipe clean the pan with a paper towel.
- Warm the tortillas in the pan, flipping once.
- Top with slices of cheese and then the cooked egg omelettes. Top with lettuce leaves before rolling into burritos.
- If desired, wrap in parchment paper and add to your lunch box with an apple and some spinach leaves on the side.