Creamy carrot soup
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Portion: 4 (can be frozen)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons buckwheat honey
- ½ cup parsnip, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups fresh carrots, peeled, trimmed and chopped
- 1 cup potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, divided
- 1 cups popped popcorn
- Heat the butter in a large pan and gently cook the garlic.
- Add the carrots, potatoes, parsnip and honey cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the stock and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer gently during 20 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, blend to a smooth puree.
- Add most of the cream and reheat gently.
- Pour into warmed bowls and garnish with popped popcorn.