100% quebec recipe
Sweet & Salty Apple Pie
Grandma's famous apple pie recipe! Each family holds its own. What’s so different about this one? It’s made with cultured butter with flower sea salt by Laiterie Chagnon. It’s in the details that grandma’s make it taste so much better!
Preparation: 20 minutes
Baking: 50 minutes
Yields: 6 to 8 servings
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup cultured butter with flower sea salt, divided in 1 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon maple sugar
- 9 tablespoons cold water
- 5 Cortland apples, peeled, seeded and cut into 2.5 cm pieces
- 3 c. tablespoons maple sugar
- ½ cup flour
- 1/3 cup cultured butter with flower sea salt
- ¼ cup maple sugar
- Mix flour and maple sugar with a food processor. Add the butter cubes and pulse until you get a grainy texture (butter pieces the size of a pea).
- Pour in the water and continue mixing until the mixture holds together.
- Form two discs of dough, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven at 375°F.
- Roll out the dough on a floured work surface to an 8 inch diameter and tranfger to a pie plate.
- Mix the apples and the maple sugar and place evenly in the dish.
- Combine flour, butter and maple sugar with your hands and spread on top.
- Bake at 190°C (375°F) for about 50 minutes.